Recently zoom has updated its developer market place. with the improvements comes new steps to generate your API credentials (API Key & Secret).
Within zoom, the JWT option is used to build an app that supports Zoom-to-VisibilityOne (server-to-server) integration service.
In this section we walk you through a quick and convenient way for you to generate your zoom API, required to monitor your zooms room and users within visibilityOne.
In this post we’ll tell you where you need to go and the information you will need.
Generating your zoom api
first, you’ll need administrator access to your zoom account. if you are the administrator, great, let's keep going!
(NOTE: zoom requires you to have a paid zoom account to create your API)
app api details
open your browser from your desktop, then go to https://marketplace.zoom.us
Sign In and agree to terms and conditions
1. Click on develop menu and select “build app”
2. Chose your app type. Click on the "Create" button within the JWT section.
3. Give your app a name. (don't worry your not building an actual app, this process will generate your API)
4. Deselect intend to publish this app on the Marketplace (it should be gray).
5. Choose app type “Account-level app” 6. Click on menu "Choose authentication type"
7. Select "JWT API Credentials". click "Create"
8. Fill out form with your Company Information. Click the "Continue"
Time to copy your API
9. Copy your API key and API secret to a notepad, you will need this information for VisibilityOne. Now click "Continue"
10. In the next screen click "Continue"
All done :)